This week we look at a combination of science-based and policy-based news stories, ranging from the potential danger of...
The Autism Academy for Education and Development offers individualized educational programs exclusively for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder. The Autism Academy believes that children with Autism will flourish with programming tailored to their specific needs. The Academy’s innovative collaboration with publicly funded schools, parents, tax credit program and Empowerment Scholarships enables us to bring the best choice for families of children with Autism throughout Arizona. With the rate of Autism diagnosis on the rise, students need specially designed Autism only programs solely available at the Autism Academy.
- Enrollment Fee – $25 (cash or check ONLY)
- Birth Certificate
- Immunizations/Shot Records
- Current IEP & MET Reports
- ESA or Tax Credit Scholarship Agreement/Award Information
(You will have an option to attach these at the end of the application.) Read More
Disabled/Displaced Scholarships from School Tuition Organizations:
Under Lexie’s Law, awards are available for students with an Arizona State approved disability (ies) or children who have been through the Arizona State foster care system. These scholarships are available to students K- 12th grade who have a public school IEP, MET, or 504 plan and have attended a public school for the previous school year for 90 days (does not matter what part of the prior year the student attended). For new applicants you need to submit school verification form of attendance. Read More
ESA scholarships: Applications for the next school year will be available January 1st to April 1st. Please go to: http://www.azed.gov/esa/applicants/. The final deadline to submit applications and any required documents is April 1 by 3pm–no extensions will be granted by the Department of Education.
If your child’s IEP or MET is expiring on or before July 15, you must request a re-evaluation from your public school or district. ESA Staff will not process any applications with expiring documents.
Contact our office for more information at 480-240-9255Read More
Watch the videos to hear first-hand accounts from parents of students at Autism Academy for Education and Development.Read More
- SARRC – http://www.autismcenter.org/
- Sky Kids – http://www.skykidsaz.org/
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital – http://www.phoenixchildrens.org/medical-specialties/developmental-pediatrics/resources/autism
- TOPS – https://www.topsforkids.com/
- Autism Society of Greater Phoenix – http://phxautism.org/
- S.E.E.K – http://www.seekarizona.org/autism-resources
- Arizona Autism Collation – http://azautism.org/
- AZA United – https://azaunited.org/
- Raising Arizona Kids – https://www.raisingarizonakids.com
- Hope Group – http://hopegroupaz.com/
- Center for Autism Research and Education (CARE) – http://www.center4autism.org/
- The Melmed Center – http://www.melmedcenter.com/
- Wing Orthodontics – http://www.wingorthodontics.com/
- East Valley Pediatric Dentistry – http://www.kidstoothdr.com/
- Horizon Pediatric Therapy – http://www.horizonaz.com/
- Arizona Department of Developmental Disabilities – www.azdes.gov/ddd/
- Autism Speaks – https://www.autismspeaks.org/
- AZ Assist – http://azassist.com/
- Arizona State University Autism Research Program – http://autism.asu.edu/
- Autism Nutrition Research Center – http://www.autismnrc.org/
- Affinity Family Care – http://www.affinityfamilycare.com/
In this week’s look back at the intersections between autism and culture, researchers have developed a color system to...